WORK HAS COMMENCED:
The NSW Minister for Transport and Infrastructure, the Hon Andrew Constance, has released the detailed construction schedule for the CBD and South East Light Rail project.
Work on the 12-kilometre route will be staged across 31 construction zones with no one zone affected for the entire period.
The key major construction dates include:
• September 2015 - construction access for Moore Park West Corridor
• October 2015 - CBD works start
• January 2016 - start of Randwick branch
• February 2016 - start of Kingsford branch
• August 2016 - start of work in Surry Hills
• September 2016 - release of the first pedestrianized zone in George St
• May 17 - completion of final pedestrian zone block in George St
• September 2017 - start of the final work zone along the route (Elizabeth St to Chalmers St)
• September 2017 - arrival of Light Rail Vehicles
• April 2018 - completion of major civil construction; ongoing works continue to finalise the installation of electronic systems and construction of platforms
• June 2018 - testing commences
The full construction program is available on Transport for NSW’s website at sydneylightrail.com.au
. The project is on schedule to be delivered ahead of its original forecast and will be up and running in early 2019.
For further information please visit the Sydney Light Rail website at sydneylightrail.com.au
or follow the project on Facebook facebook.com/sydneylightrailproject.